2020 Royal Mint Three Graces Silver Proof Five Ounce 5oz Box & COA
The Great Engravers Collection from The Royal Mint celebrates some of the most iconic coin designs in numismatic history. The collection continues with The Three Graces, the second release in the series. Created by William Wyon RA at the start of his career, only around 50 examples were struck, making it one of the world’s most sought-after coin designs. In homage to the original, modern striking techniques breathe new life into Wyon’s masterpiece.
Struck to showcase the skills of an ambitious young engraver after Benedetto Pistrucci’s designs for the newly recoined half-crown, shillings and sixpence of 1816 attracted criticism from certain quarters; the design conveys the unity of the nations after the Act of Union of 1801 between Great Britain and Ireland. Wyon was an extraordinary talent and has a legacy few can rival. His later work included his romantic take on St George and the dragon for Prince Albert’s personal medal of 1845, the magnificent Gothic Crown, introduced in 1847, and the medal designed for the Great Exhibition of 1851.
- Build your collection of coins celebrating the Great Engravers
- The first coin in this series sold out completely
- Own a reinterpretation of one of the world’s most sought-after coin designs
- Celebrate one of the greatest artists to have ever worked on British coinage
- Finished to the finest Proof standard