Blending animalistic attributes with fantastical characteristics, The Queen’s Beasts have been synonymous with Her Majesty The Queen since her coronation almost seventy years ago.
Perhaps the most prominent example of that mythical infusion is the legendary Yale of Beaufort. Historically described as being the size of a hippopotamus, featuring a gold-spotted coat and an elephantine tail, its head is proudly adorned with axial horns further accentuated by fearsome tusks on either side of its mouth.
Taking its name from the mother of Henry VII, Lady Margaret Beaufort, The Yale charts the prestigious history of the crown back to the house of Tudor and the Wars of the Roses. This majestic grandeur has been captured by acclaimed Royal Mint coin designer Jody Clark and is now available as a ten-ounce silver bullion coin.
The latest version depicts The Yale mounting the historic Beaufort portcullis with its magnificent horns and imposing tusks proudly on display. The glorious features of The Yale are backed by a secure chainmail background texture, providing a fitting backdrop for this impressive beast.
A welcome addition to The Queen’s Beasts Collection, this stunning design is also available as a one ounce platinum coin.
- Minted in 999.9 silver to bullion standard
- Both the coin’s obverse and reverse have been created by Royal Mint coin designer Jody Clark
- Features a secure, detailed chainmail background texture
- Struck by The Royal Mint, the home of every official United Kingdom coin struck during Her Majesty’s reign
- Exempt from UK capital gains tax for UK residents
- Individually packaged in a single coin capsule