2019 Una and the Lion 2 Kilo Silver Proof Coin - The Great Engravers Collection
- Regular price
- Regular price
- Sale price
- Unit price
Product Type : Coins & Paper Money:Coins: World:Europe:UK (Great Britain):Commemorative
Sku : 12628
Starting with William Wyon, The GREAT Engravers Collection is a new series from The Royal Mint celebrating some of the most iconic coin designs in numismatic history. Una and the Lion, created by William Wyon, is the first design to feature in the collection and is widelt considered one the world;s most beautiful designs. For this collection the design has been remastered from an orginal for modern striking techniques and its a fitting place to start this journey through the past.
Chief Engraver at the Royal Mint from 1828 until his death 1851, William Wyon was as talented as he was prolific , leaving a legacy few can rival, and his Una and the Lion is a design that stands out above all others. Struck to commemorate the start of Queen Victoria's reign in 1837, the design casts the young queen in the role of Una, while the lion she leads represents the Britishpeople.
Aside from his Una and the Lion, Wyon's notable works include his romantic take on St George and the dragon for Prince Albert's personal mdeal of 1845, the magnificent Gothic crown featuring medieval-style portrait of Queen Victoria, introduced in 1847, and the commemorative medal designed for the Great Exhibition of 1851.
- One of the most iconic designs in the history of The Royal Mint
- A Royal Mint first in this new stunning 2 Kilo .9999 Silver Coin format
- Extremely low mintage of 40 coins worldwide
- Comes with beautiful presentation case and certificate of authenticity
Nearly Flawless Proofs From Among The First Released
Struck in two kilograms of highly pure 99.99% silver, these £1000 legal-tender coins come in spectacular Proof condition, meaning they were expertly crafted by the mint from hand-selected planchets, polished dies and multiple strikes to produce beautifully frosted details rising over mirror-like fields.
Availability Is Extremely Limited — Act Now Or Miss Out
Just 40 of these impressive 2019 Great Britain £1000 Two-Kilo Silver Una and the Lion Proofs have been struck for worldwide release — and they are completely sold out at the mint!
- First RELEASE OF “THE GREAT ENGRAVERS” SERIES – This coin is the first release of the Great Engravers series from Great Britain’s Royal Mint. It shows William Wyon’s design of the “Una and the Lion” first used in 1837. The coin’s obverse features a portrait of Queen Elizabeth II.
- STRUCK IN HIGHLY PURE SILVER – Each Una and the Lion coin was struck in two kilograms of highly pure 99.99% silver and measure 150 mm in diameter.
- LEGAL TENDER – These 2 Kilo Una and the Lion coins are £1000 (one thousand pounds) legal tender in Great Britain
- EXTREMELY LOW LIMITED EDITION – The maximum worldwide limited edition for this coin has been set at just 40 — and they are sold out at the mint.
|Series||The Great Engravers|
|Box & Certificate||Yes|